7 Features to Include in Any Kitchen Remodel
Most homeowners like to tackle a home improvement project once every few years. Occasionally these projects stem from necessity, such as replacing the roof, but with proper savings and the energy to do so, a home improvement can also be a choice. Redoing a bathroom or kitchen might be a want rather than a need, but either way, it can provide tremendous benefits. A new kitchen is easier to work in, looks great and can truly be the heart of the home you always wanted. Remodeling a kitchen also improves home value to the extent that if you plan on selling, the increased value could wind up paying for the project in the long run.
If you have never redone a kitchen before, you might not know where to begin. As with any other home improvement project, start by doing some research and talking to remodeling contractors in San Luis Obispo County. Easily the most fun part of the remodel is planning the new features you want to put into your kitchen to truly make it the kitchen of your dreams. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- New appliances: Almost any kitchen remodel will include replacement of the existing appliances. Usually this includes the oven, refrigerator, microwave and sometimes even the dishwasher. Set aside money in your budget to invest in state-of-the-art appliances and invest in all of them at once to ensure they match. Consider a built-in refrigerator, double oven and stovetop microwave, all in stainless or white veneer finish.
- Stovetop: Especially if you go for a double oven you will need to figure out a location for the stovetop. Particularly trendy right now is to have an island stovetop. These look great and are highly functional, too, particularly if you place yours next to an open area work station.
- Sink: Functionality and ease of use are always trendy when it comes to kitchen remodeling. Talk to your remodeling contractor in San Luis Obispo County about how large of a kitchen sink your current kitchen will handle. A large kitchen sink provides many benefits, especially when coupled with a high-rise faucet. Make filling a pot full of water easy with your new kitchen sink and faucet combo.
- Use of space: A great reason to remodel a kitchen is to find new and creative uses for space. Just about any kitchen will have under-utilized corners perfect for a creative contractor to make use of. Corner cabinets are almost always a problem—have your contractor turn yours into corner storage with an easy-to-use lazy Susan built in.
- Cabinets and shelves: The easiest way to aesthetically improve a kitchen is to install new cabinetry and shelving. Not only will this provide your kitchen with a complete aesthetic makeover, but it will also give you the opportunity to readjust your current storage situation. If you replace cabinets and shelving, be sure to talk to your remodeling contractor in San Luis Obispo County about extra deep sliding drawers perfect for storing your largest pots and pans. While you are at it, also consider switching some cabinet doors to glass in order to show off your most prized china sets and glassware.
- Functionality: Just remember that your kitchen is made to work in! No kitchen remodel is complete without remembering the little details that make a big difference, such as ample lighting, easy-to-clean counter tops and having enough room to maneuver while cooking. Talk to Central Pacific Construction today about what you’d like to see in your remodeled kitchen.