-The top reason for remodeling the garage is to make room for the car. When too many stored bicycles, lawn care equipment and furniture starts to crowd the car into permanent residency in the driveway, people start looking for ways to let the car come back home!
Along with making room for the car, Frank Cueva, the Paso Robles contractor from Central Pacific Constructions said that other top reasons include:
- Creating a shop or art studio
- Converting the garage into a man cave or she shed
- Creating a recreation room
- Adding more storage space
- Adding more light including natural light
- Converting the garage to an apartment
- Selling the house and want to have the garage looking better
Garage remodeling can range from simply adding cabinets, shelves and storage racks, to making the garage larger or adding a second floor. The possibilities are limited only by one’s imagination, the budget and zoning regulations.
Even when zoning regulations might prohibit adding a second story for an apartment, there is always a solution to making the garage more organized and useful. The first thing to consider is the primary reason for the remodel and the Paso Robles contractor will come up with the solution. Is the reason:
- More space? That can be solved with cabinets, shelves, storage racks, and taking advantage of overhead space.
- Adding personal space for a shop, a studio, or a recreation room? Consider dividing a section and adding more space onto the back or one side.
- Kids want a place for band practice? Consider adding soundproofing.
- More light? Add windows, a skylight, or more overhead and direct lighting.
- Selling the home? Add drywall, and storage cabinets. Consider finishing the ceiling in part or all of the garage.
Don’t be discouraged by perceived limitations such as an attached garage or a single car garage that is more limited on space than a two-car.
Garages are often untouched resources for more space for a variety of uses and when working with an experienced contractor such as the Paso Robles Central Pacific Construction, there is always a creative solution.
Central Pacific Construction has been serving communities throughout the Central Coast since 1997. The team is familiar with local zoning regulations and can be of great assistance with the permitting processes. Rated among the best construction and contracting companies, Cueva and his team have a reputation for creative and cost-effective solutions for residential and commercial construction challenges. The company has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, confirming that the team has the knowledge and experience to get your job done right.