September and October are good months to start on some of those home improvement touch-ups that you’ve been thinking about. The kids are back in school and the holidays are coming. It would be nice to have that new countertop, fresh cabinet doors, or a new bathroom in time to show off to the holiday company. Frank Cueva, the Paso Robles general contractor from Central Pacific Construction says that home touch-ups can range from a fresh coat of paint to a major remodel.
Based on his experience with residential and commercial construction and remodeling, Cueva says “Starting a major remodel project just before the holidays might not fit your schedule very well, but there are a lot of things that can be done relatively quickly to give your home a holiday facelift and even set a foundation for later remodeling projects.”
The top areas that most people think about freshening up for holiday company are:
- The kitchen.
- Dining area.
- Guest rooms.
Even when there are plans for more extensive remodeling after the holidays, there are some projects that can be finished before the holiday cooking and baking begins and the guests arrive. Plans for a holiday facelift over the next few months can be made with future remodeling plans in mind. Before undertaking any quick home upgrades in the few months before the holidays, take your ideas to the Paso Robles general contractor for a planning session. During this meeting, you can discover what can be done now and how to use the holiday upgrades as a good foundation for future remodeling projects.
Some of the top holiday touch-up ideas include:
- New appliances and fixtures always freshen up a space. When buying a new refrigerator or stove, be sure to measure the old space and talk to the contractor to schedule any widening or hook-up adjustments that may need to be made.
- A bathroom can be given an entirely new look in a few days with new flooring, a new toilet, tub, shower, sink, new fixtures, and fresh paint.
- New cabinet fronts in the kitchen or bathrooms update the room quickly and don’t require those old cabinets to be replaced. New doors and drawers are cost-effective solutions, especially when the basic structure of the cabinets is in good shape.
- New countertops don’t take long to install and can dress up a kitchen or bathroom very quickly.
- New flooring is always an upgrade.
- Need more dining space? Depending on the construction of the house, opening a wall might be a good option and serve as a foundation for future remodeling. Weatherproofing the deck or patio and adding lights and temperature control can create a space that is usable all year, rain or shine.
- When plans include remodeling an extra room to turn it into a guest room, some of the immediate improvements can include new flooring, new windows for more natural light, or that door that opens into the backyard you’ve always wanted. More extensive remodeling can happen after the holiday guests have left.
The Paso Robles general contractor from Central Pacific Construction has been serving the construction and remodeling needs of Central Coast businesses and homeowners since 1997. The company has completed residential and commercial construction, repairing damages, home remodels, restaurant remodels and more to excellent reviews. Frank Cueva and his team work with every customer to find the budget and timeline that works the best.